Tuesday, September 22, 2009

my ugly bicycle

Well, it's not really 'ugly', but it's a little different. And since I don't have a blog for my hobbies, it goes here!
It's a Surly Pacer frameset, with a mix of Campagnolo Veloce, some Shimano Deore stuff, Salsa Delgado X rims, Brooks B17, Nitto Moustache bars, Salsa stem, & vintage Shimano 600 brake levers. Oh yeah, and a SUNTOUR front deraileur!
The bracket on the setpost is for my daughter's trailer bike.
The front and rear bags have been with me a long time. The rear one is a genuine Rhode Gear bag, back when they were from Rhode Island (get it?) before Bell bought them out. The front bag is a neat little Specialized expanding bag.
I'll get back to the ugly houses soon. Been busy cleaning up home projects before the winter comes.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet ride! I've been interested in the Pacer. How do you like the M-bars? I've got a set that I've wanted to put on my Trucker, but just haven't gotten around to it. Great bike, great mix of parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the moustaches have a FAR reach; I'm running a 9cm stem, and it could stand to be a little shorter. most times, my hands wind up just in front of the shifters, and it's easy to get to the brakes.
    I deal w/ some palm/wrist pain occasionally; I still find myself searching around the bars to get comfortable, but I don't think the bars contribute to any pain, it's just me.

    ReplyDelete